Gürsu

1

Formerly called Kebir/Büyük Susurluk, a municipalorganization was established on 1 March 1930in Gürsu and it was named Gürsu in 1931. Whilebeing a subdistrict attached to Y›ld›rim CentralDistrict, it became a district under a law No. 3644dated 9 May 1990.Located to the east of Bursa, Gürsu district is situatedon a flat plain with an area of 118 square kilometers.Being 12 km away from Bursa, the totalpopulation of Gürsu District is about 30 thousand.Economy of the district is mainly based upon agriculture.The surrounding industrial facilities constitutea significant source of livelihood for the peoplein the area.