The former name of Orhangazi to the west of IznikLake was Pazarköy. Originally established with thename, Basilinopolis in 4th century B.C. remainedfor a long time as a village attached to Iznik. Itbecame a district center in 1893.It was renamed Orhangazi in 1913 after the conquerorof the city Orhan Ghazi. District is basedupon agriculture and industry. Olive and fruit productionin the field of agriculture has considerablydeveloped. It has been the fastest growing districtof Bursa owing to its developing industry.